Monday, October 22, 2007

#6

I have been looking at the flickr extras such as mashups etc and have actually tried to place a photo on mappr. I think I tried to get it too far into the map by putting the photo exactly where it was taken, but of course the map didn't go down that far, well it did for somewhere in England of the same name, so that didn't help, so in the end I think I just dumped it somewhere near the spot. Couldn't find my way back to it though. Another problem I have had is getting organised with Tags, I put in lower case when in my title I had upper case, so I couldn't find my photo among the thousands uploaded. I wonder what the heck I am doing?

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Some of these sites are getting so big it is hard to navigate around when there are no rules to tagging (and that's a positive for our strict cataloguing guidelines we are all so used to adhering to)

What you are experienceing is what lots of other people experince in social networking sites (the lack of structure) This most important thing is the experience of trying these out.
Keep up the good work

Lynette